Whether you are a kid or an adult, you will love drinking shakes during summer. They are tasty, healthy, and can quench your thirst. You can easily find them in many different flavours in stores. However, consider making them at home if you want a healthy treat. One of the easiest recipes you can make is the banana walnut shake recipe. Not only is the banana walnut shake tasty but also will keep your body energised throughout the day. Depending on your preferences, you can drink it at any time of the day as well. If you do not know how to make walnut shake, this article will provide you with all the necessary information.
Ingredients required for your banana walnut shake recipe (1 glass)
- 1 to 2 tsp of honey
- 4 to 5 ice cubes
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 Cup of Lactel milk
- 3 to 4 Walnuts
How to Make the Walnut Shake?
Making a shake is very easy. It only takes a few minutes. Here is a step-by-step process:
- Before getting started, you will have to freeze the banana for some time. Peel and slice it before keeping it in the refrigerator. This will make your shake even tastier.
- Take the slices out after 50 to 60 minutes and put them in a bowl.
- While your banana slices are freezing, you should simultaneously soak the walnuts in water. This will make it easier to chop them in the food processor. In case you forget to soak them, chop them manually before adding them to the food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except ice cubes) to the bowl with the banana slices. 5. Put them in your food processor, add the ice cubes, and continue blending until a creamy texture is formed. If you notice small ice cubes, keep blending until they are completely blended.
- Once the shake appears smooth and is ready, you can transfer it to a glass and garnish it with more chopped walnuts for added taste.
A few expert tips for your banana walnut shake recipe:
- Always prefer frozen bananas over fresh bananas.
- Always slice your bananas before freezing.
- Since you only use one or two tsp of honey, stick only to very ripe bananas. The sweetness will be hugely impacted by the quality of the banana you use.
- You can replace walnuts with almonds or hazelnuts.
In case you feel like you do not have the time to make banana walnut shake at home, you can buy a few store-bought healthy drinks during summer. For instance, Lactel’s turbo yoghurt drink is a great alternative.