Phirni is made using rice, milk, and many dry fruits. This dessert has a sweet and creamy
taste and is generally served on occasions in Indian households. Depending on your
preferences, you can add any flavour to your phirni as well. The rose flavour is one of the
most common flavours you will find. The flavour blends in perfectly with sweets and adds a
stunning aroma and taste. Many people prefer buying it from stores. There are many
renowned brands like Lactel that sell good quality rose phirni.
However, you can make it at your home as well. Here is an easy recipe for you:
Ingredients required for your rose phirni recipe:
● 2 tablespoons of gulkand
● 12 chopped cashew nuts
● 1/2 cup of soaked rice. (soak for 30 min)
● 2 tablespoons of sugar (depends on preferences)
● Few dried rose petals
● 4 tablespoons of dried rose petals (Soak them in warm milk)
● 2 litres of whole milk
● 1/2 teaspoon of fennel powder
● 12 chopped pistachios
● 2 tablespoons of rose water (also known as Rooh Afza)
● 12 chopped whole almonds
● 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder
● 400 ml of condensed milk. (1 can)
A step-by-step process for making rose phirni recipe:
● To get started with the rose phirni recipe, take the soaked rice and drain water from them
completely. Once drained, you can grind them in a mixer for making a paste.
● Add 1/4 cup of water to the paste to make it slightly diluted.
● Take a saucepan and boil milk in it. Once it reaches the boiling point, reduce the flame of
the hob and add the paste to it.
● Stir the milk on a low flame for some time. You will notice that the milk is slowly thickening. Continue until the milk becomes thick like a porridge. Also, you must scrape the dried milk that gets stuck on the sides of the pan. It will give your gulab phirni a creamy flavour and a nice texture.
● When you feel that the rice has been properly cooked, you must add the other ingredients to the phirni. This includes dried rose petals, condensed milk, rose water, gulkand, fennel powder, and cardamom powder (sugar is optional). Continue cooking until all the ingredients blend in the gulab phirni properly.
● Once they blend in, turn off the stove. Wait till it cools down and then refrigerate. It can
take around 3 to 4 hours for your rose phirni to get chilled.
● Garnish it with all the different types of nuts and dried rose petals to enhance the taste of
this dessert before serving.