Here is how you can make the malpua recipe with milk easily
Ingredients required for malpua recipe:
- Full cream UHT milk
- Rich flour
- Crushed nuts and rabdi or thickened milk
- Plain Flour Or Wheat Flour
- Ghee or oil depending on your choice
- Milk powder (khoya can be used instead as well)
How To Make Malpua Recipe
- 1.Prepare the malpua batter
- Get a mixing bowl and add the milk powder, all-purpose flour, saffron, fennel seeds, and cardamom powder to it. Now, sprinkle only a pinch of salt in it and mix properly. If you do not have cardamom powder available, you can use freshly pounded green cardamom pods instead. After mixing a little, add baking powder to the mix. Baking soda can be used as well. Consecutively, add warm UHT milk to the mix and start stirring until it becomes a free-flowing batter. If you notice small lumps, you must continue stirring. Once your batter for malpua recipe is ready, allow it to sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
2.Make the sugar syrup
You will have to make a sugar syrup for this recipe with milk. Heat half a cup of water to boiling point and then add ¾ cup sugar to it. Now, continue to heat it on medium flame until the sugar completely dissolves in the water. Add a little bit of cardamom powder and saffron to the mix as well. Continue mixing them in the solution for 10 minutes and then remove the container from the flame. The sugar syrup for your malpua recipe will be ready.
3.Frying the malpua
Once you have taken care of the preparations, you will have to begin frying the malpuas. Depending on your choice, you can either use ghee or oil for frying them. Get a big pan so that it is easier to deep fry them. Put the ghee or oil on the pan and increase the flame. Stir the batter once and then pour a ladle full of batter into the pan. You have to continue frying the malpuas in the pan until both sides turn golden brown. Also, the edges should become slightly crispy. Once they are ready, gently remove them from the oil or ghee.
You will have to remove the oil from the malpuas after cooking. This can be done better by squeezing the malpuas and leaving them on tissue paper for a minute. Now, quickly dip the malpuas in the sugar syrup and let them soak for a few minutes.
4. Always serve this recipe with milk with warm rabdi. You can sprinkle chopped almonds or pistachios on the top to enhance the taste.
If you want to make great recipes with milk, you will require good quality UHT milk. Lactel is one of the top UHT milk manufacturers in India. Also, all the products are very reasonably priced.